Edited by Colleen Dunn Bates
Hardcover | $29.95
Launch Party at Vroman’s!
Thursday, September 6th, 7 p.m.
Vroman’s Bookstore, 695 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena
Details to come
Hometown Pasadena Returns!
For a few years, Pasadenans and visitors have been lamenting that the landmark book Hometown Pasadena has been out of print. We’re happy to announce an all-new take on the book, coming fall of 2018. It will continue to be a new kind of city book, written by longtime locals who dig deep to reflect the place they find so special. From Altadena to South Pasadena and Old Pasadena and La Cañada, this witty, richly colorful book unlocks the insider secrets of the San Gabriel Valley.
Hometown Pasadena’s first two editions won acclaim from the Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles Magazine, and Westways, earned nominations and awards from such organizations as the Southern California Independent Booksellers Association and the Independent Publisher Book Awards, and launched Prospect Park Books, now one of the leading publishers in Southern California.
What to Expect
• Essays from acclaimed hometown writers Lian Dolan, Lynell George, Chris Erskine, Naomi Hirahara, Larry Wilson, Roberta Martinez, and Raphael Simon (aka Pseudonymous Bosch)
• Chats with two dozen notable locals, including preservationist Sue Mossman, comedian/actor Maria Bamford, State Assemblyman Chris Holden, teacher Siri Bookani, musician Phoebe Bridgers, food writer Jonathan Gold, Funky Junk Farms proprietor Johnny Agnew, Ted the Goldendoodle, and restaurateurs Jo & John Wee (Daisy Mint, Abricott, and Fig Sprout)
• Wise words from the OG Hometown Pasadena authors: Jill Ganon, Sandy Gillis, Mel Malmberg, Mary Jane Horton, and Colleen Dunn Bates
• Photographs by Karol Franks, Keegan Dunn, Jennifer Cheung, Steven Nilsson, and Paul Click
• Cover art (once again) by Pasadena’s own R. Kenton Nelson
• Insights, amusements, and inspirations