To celebrate the publication of Lian Dolan’s new novel, Elizabeth the First Wife, we’re having a boffo sweepstakes: Summer with Shakespeare. In the book, protagonist Elizabeth Lancaster, an English professor at Pasadena City College, gets an offer from her movie star ex-husband that she just can’t refuse to take part in a production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream at the famous Oregon Shakespeare Festival. Elizabeth’s summer in Ashland changes her life forever, and the story inspired us to put together a weekend at the OSF to give two of Lian Dolan’s fans a chance to enjoy some of the Ashland magic themselves.
The winner will receive:
• Three nights at the Ashland Springs Hotel (1 guest room) – August 8th or 9th arrival
• Dinner for two at the award-winning Larks restaurant (reservations made in advance)
• Two tickets to OSF production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream (August 9th)
• Two tickets to OSF production of The Taming of the Shrew (August 10th)
• A personally signed copy of Elizabeth the First Wife by Lian Dolan
Please note, transportation to Ashland, OR is not provided
All you need to do is click on this link to the sweepstakes page and enter. No purchase necessary, of course. But would it kill you to pick up a copy of Elizabeth the First Wife? No it would not. And trust us, you’ll love it. It’s smart, entertaining, and very funny—and you might even learn a thing or two about the immortal Bard.